- Pithoragarh- The Himalayan Town: The Himalayan town of Pithoragarh is located at an altitude of 1514 meters in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. It is about 521 kms from Delhi. One of the most alluring tourist attractions near Pithoragarh is the Namik Glacier located at an altitude of 3600 meters surrounded by some of the biggest Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, and Trishul. A thrilling trek to the glacier from Pithoragarh is ideal for adventurers and explorers. When you’re in Pithoragarh, don’t miss the graceful view of the city from the top of Chandak Hill.
A few of other noteworthy tourist attracts in Pithoragarh are Ralam Glacier, Panchchuli peaks, the ruins of Pithoragarh Fort, less traveled Milam Glacier trek from Munsiyari, and Askot Musk Deer Sanctuary.
- Pangot – Village Hidden in Clouds: The village hidden in the clouds on the edges of Himalayas in Uttarakhand is Pangot, one of many lesser-known tourist attractions near Delhi. Only a few hours away from Delhi, this hill station near Nainital, is in fact, a popular weekend getaway near Delhi in Uttarakhand. A suitable tourist destination only a weekend away from Delhi for those who are interested in bird watching, painting, photography, and trekking. The breathtaking Pangot-Nainital images make your trip memorable and awe-inspiring.
- Kausani Perfect for All Seasons: Kausani, the Himalayan destination in Uttarakhand located at an altitude of 1890 meters, is famous for its 300 km-wide panoramic view of the Himalayan landscape comprising Trishul, Panchachuli, and Nanda Devi mountain peaks.
As one of the unexplored places around Delhi in Uttarakhand, Kausani has more than just a beautiful background to offer during your holiday. Kausani tourist attractions include Rudradhari Waterfalls and Caves, 12th Baijnath Temple located on the banks of Gomati, one of Mahatma Gandhi’s favorite homes where Anasakti Yog was written, 3-5 km long hike to the Kausani Tea Estate and many more. Kausani weather during summer is pleasant with temperatures ranging from 11 to 25 degree Celsius. While the monsoons bring heavy rainfalls to Kausani, the winters bring heavy snowfalls with the temperature falling to -5 degrees. It is a perfect tourist destination for all season, ideal for anyone who wants to explore the beauty of nature.
- Binsar: Adventurous Tourist Attraction: Binsar is one of the most loved adventurous weekend getaways from Delhi in Uttarakhand. The tourist attractions at Binsar which range from historic to epic include Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Binsar Zero Point, 16th century Shiva temple, and Pariyadeva Pashan, a megalithic age archeological site located in between Binsar and Almora. The magnificent view of Kedarnath, Shivling and Trishul peaks from the highest vantage point of Binsar, a.k.a. Binsar Zero Point is a must-see for those on a journey of self-discovery. Binsar is perfect for nature-lovers with a passion for trekking and bird watching.
How to reach Binsar from Delhi? If you’re starting from Delhi, first, travel to Rampur via Moradabad. You need to proceed to Almora from Rampur. The best route to Almora from Rampur is through Bilaspur, Rudrapur, Haldwani, Kathgodam, Bhimtal, and Bhowali. Then finally proceed to Binsar. The distance from Delhi to Binsar by car is 442 KMs with the road journey being smooth and pleasant.
- Naukuchiatal: The Lake of Nine Corners: Naukuchiatal literally translates to ‘lake of nine corners’, is one of the hill stations in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand but also widely known as the treasure of natural beauty. As the most romantic weekend getaway from Delhi in Uttarakhand, the beautiful town of Naukuchiatal offers many adventurous activities and stunning landscapes including various lakes surrounded by scenic green hills. The Naukuchiatal Lake is located at an altitude of 1219 meters surrounded by hills covered in a thick oak forest.
- Kanatal: For Fun and Adventure: Kanatal is one of the best adventure weekend getaways. It not only offers fun physical activities like camping, trekking, rock climbing, Jungle safari, and valley crossing but also offers serene landscapes and several interesting places for sightseeing. Although Kanatal is a suitable weekend getaway for tourists of all kinds, it is mostly sought by those on a journey of self-discovery.
- Chakrata: Least Known Tourist Destination Around Delhi : One of the lesser known tourist destinations near Delhi in Uttarakhand is Chakrata, a cantonment town in the district of Dehradun. It is located at an altitude of 2118m between the two rivers – Yamuna and Tons. Although not quite popular among regular tourists, it has been gaining popularity among those who seek adventure and exploration into nature. A range of peaceful activities offered by Chakrata city let you disconnect from the chaotic and mundane city life. Breathtaking natural sightseeing locations like the lush green forests with a scenic view of the Himalayas, historic unexplored caves built by the Pandavas, and beautiful waterfalls make Chakrata an adventurer’s paradise along with activities like skiing, trekking, and camping. You would also like to read about 5 Most Incredible Places to Spend Holidays published in Delhi-Magazine.